All About Animals Rescue receives many requests to take in owner surrenders. Unfortunately, we rarely have space to do so.
Our focus is on rescuing the animals that are in the most dire circumstances: those on the local euthanasia lists.
When we do have space available we follow these guidelines:
- the animal must be spayed or neutered
- the animal must be current on vaccinations
- the animal must pass a behavior assessment completed by our veterinary or behavioral staff
- the animal must be healthy and under 8 years of age for a cat and 4 years of age for a dog
- if the animal is a cat it must have been tested for FeLV/FIV
- all medical paperwork must be provided to the rescue
- minimum of a $50 intake fee must be donated to the rescue
While this may sound like we are trying to make things difficult, we actually have two goals in mind:
1. To provide the best care for the animals that are already in our system
2. To rescue the animals that are in the most dire need